Friday 13 May 2016

Upcycled Tractor Seats

My desk now has a seat, and it's AWESOME.


Primed and waiting for top coat
 See. Doesn't it look like they were made for each other?

These two stools have been hanging around our place for years. My dad found the old tractor seats over a decade ago, and mounted them onto the pedestal bases.  At the time, we painted them with roof paint as that was all we had to hand. Since then they've had a bit of a rough life outside, and were starting to get a bit rusty, when I decided to give them a new lease on life to join my new (old) sewing desk.

After sending them off to be sandblasted to clean off the rust and the paint, I primer coated them with a heavily zinc based primer called Zinc-It.

Next coat was a simple matt black to match the Singer framed table I've planned to use the stool at.

All that was left was to let them dry, then carry them upstairs to their new home at the sewing/laptop desk.


Pretty easy makeover, if you ask me.


No comments:

Post a Comment